Soccer is a great choice for youth sports for many reasons. Because there is very little equipment needed, your investment as a parent isn’t a barrier to entry. But more importantly, it’s a game with simple rules that children can grasp from an early age.
Our YMCA soccer program is a developmental league that meets the athlete where he or she is and builds their skills from there. Whether their first season is at age 4 or age 11, YMCA coaches will help them get in the game and enjoy their experience.
Playing organized sports is one of The Search Institute’s “Developmental Assets,” which are predictors for developing into a well-adjusted teen and adult.
The Foothills Area YMCA has two soccer seasons per year (Spring: March-April & Fall: September-October)
2022 Spring Season!
Volunteers Coaches needed! If interested, please contact John Derwent ([email protected])
Registration: 12/15/2021 – 2/16/2022
Late Registration: 2/17/2022 – 2/21/2022
Practices Begin Week of 3/7/22
- 4-5s, 6-7s, and 8-9s will practice and play on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. 10-12s practice and gamedays are TBD. Tentatively, 10-12s are scheduled for Monday evenings and Saturday mornings, but that is subject to change and dependent upon registration numbers. More information regarding the 10-12 schedule will be released Mid-February.
- No Games week of 4/11-4/15
- Registration Fee: $20/all players
- Ages 4-5s and 6-7s (Member: $40; Non-Member: $55)
- Ages 8-9s and 10-12s (Member: $50; Non-Member: $65)
- Add $15 to league fees for any signup during late registration
Spring 2022 Soccer League - Age 4-5s
Spring 2022 Soccer League - Age 6-7s
Spring 2022 Soccer League - Age 8-9
Spring 2022 Soccer League - Age 10-12s